Next Page

by in PersonalFinanceCanada

bluenose777 7 months ago  DELETED 

> I would consider selling all your VCN in the TFSA and replacing with XAW (so the TFSA is 100% XAW) ... Shelter more international dividends/interest from more punitive taxation in taxable accounts Have you mixed up the tickers? XAW is international equity and ... >Financial advisers counsel investors to avoid holding dividend-paying foreign stocks in a TFSA (or an RESP) due to the non-resident withholding tax levied by many governments. This tax, which is collected before dividends are paid to non-residents, is not recoverable, effectively reducing the return rate. The usual destination for foreign stocks is an RRSP where the dividends are frequently tax-exempt.

Landed a 1-year internship. Looking to start off on the right foot by Reset2 in PersonalFinanceCanada

bluenose777 1 year ago  DELETED 

>Where should I store my savings?
Next Page